Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Berlin FW: Christina Duxa Couture / Dimitri / Anja Gockel

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Saturday night I came back from Berlin FW. It was my first time to attend a fashion week and even if it was not Paris or New York, it was a great experience and a chance to get a closer look into the fashion business. I learned a lot in the four days in and around the white tent at the Bebelplatz. And even if I'm still super tired and absolutely exhausted, I had a lot of fun and an unforgetable time. It's such a pity that there was not enough time to discover Berlin. The city's huge compared to the "village" I live in and has a lot to offer. Besides six shows I managed to see at the main location and a competition for young fashion designern off-site called "Start your fashion business", I also did some shopping - of course. Sigh, Berlin is a real shopping paradies.
But now back to the fashion. Here's the first part of my show recap:


Christina Duxa Couture

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Christina Duxa Couture was the first fashion show I ever saw. Aftre some organisation problems at the beginning, the lights finally turned off and a great sound was turned on. The first few looks were absolutely not my taste. They reminded me a lot of the clothes you find in big department stores. But than after a rusty start, the clothes grew on me. The silhouettes and cuts became fancier and the use decent colors like cream, nude or grey added an elegant touch that fitted perfectly to the collection's theme Côte d'Azur. My favorite combination was definately the one with the satin cycle shorts (left). Eventually I'd say that Christina Duxa Couture was a nice offbeat for the FW respectively for my personal one.

.Dimitri by Dimitri Panagiotopoulos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The collection of Dimitri reminded of a stroll on a oriental bazaar: Embroidered dresses in bright colors, ethno elements and details inspired by bellydancing. The designer converted modern, very flattering cuts with his personal roots, that's what I loved about his collection. The three looks above wear absolutely stunning, especially the maxi-dress. I would wear them right away from the runway. Superb, Mr. Panagiotopoulos!

Anja Gockel

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Anja Gockel fashion show already started at 10 am so I had to get up very early, too early if you ask me. I exspected a classy and feminine collection and my suspicion was confirmed. The first looks were nearly boring. It seemed like the designer's audience were women over 30 that try to balance between job and family life. The colors and patterns were too painted in my opinion. But in the end there were also some fresher, younger looks that met my taste at least a bit. Surprisingly I aslo liked the combination of the purple pants with colorful jacket (left), which reminded a bit of a tableau. If Anja Gockel sticks more to those racy, inventive cuts and adapts patterns and colors in a less striking manner, her next collection might be a hit.

photo credits: all runway pictures via Mercedes-Benz

17 comments:

Linn said...

Hi:)
Gorgeous blog you have...
I am a follower:)

Have a very nice day - SP

Not a Paper Cup said...

The fashion week was awesome! cool pics, I chose some different ones as my favorites, but there was so much amazing stuff there! :)

Kara Marie said...

i really like anja gockels work..i could wear her clothing right off the runway.
http://thelooktoday.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow what an experience, yes sure, please post the images, I do not even mind if you don't credit me as I admittedly saved the images ages ago and have no source of credit :(
(of Diane)
x

Unknown said...

yay, fashion week!
I wish I could go to one sometime..
xx

Viv said...

beautiful clothes!





myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Stunning collections. I love Christina Duxa's the best.:)SarahD

Unknown said...

fabulous and thanks for sharing xxx

Unknown said...

fabulous and thanks for sharing xxx

Seema said...

Love this, my fav is Dimitri by Dimitri Panagiotopoulos, the ethnic element is really amazing

www.fashionat5.blogspot.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I love all three collections but my favorite has to be Dimitri Panagiotopoulos! So gorgeous and wearable!! xoxoxoxoo

Nicole (Karma Kidnapping) said...

Schöner Fashionweek Post - mal kurz und bündig und nicht zu jeder einzelnen Show ein Post, so wie bei vielen anderen Blogs :)

blogger said...

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is one of the well known product of Urban
Decay Makeup. Now Urban Decay Makeup
is offering you a special offer which Frequently Bought Together.

Unknown said...

love these looks! cycle shorts? depends how you wear them i guess, i'm a fan :) come check out my auctions if you fancy lady!

http://stores.ebay.com/ButtonsandBowsLA

Anonymous said...

It is possible to transform the default. Start off IE8 and push F12 to open up the Developer Equipment, open the File menu, windows 7 home basic product key click on Customize Net Explorer Perspective Source, and select Notepad in place of Default Viewer. For those who run Notepad, you are going to find a way to load, edit windows 7 ultimate activation key and preserve .html data files. (Certainly, when you just double-click them, they will load during the default browser.)

Azaam Shop Toys said...

World's Most Popular Cars, Hot Speed Cars, Hot Cars with Hot Girls, Cars Latest Pictures with all info, Latest updates Cars Models and Company Cars, Strange Vehicles, Concept Cars, Top 10 Expensive Cars in the World.
Visit this Link for More Strange Vehicles and Cars with Latest info and Pictures
WorldLatestVehicles.com

Putri Adiratnaa said...



Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Pedro That Save My Family From Financial Bondage

Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Pedro, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Pedro. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to the help of Mr, Pedro for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: { pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 }